2018 NSF STEM for All Video Showcase: Transforming the Educational Landscape
The 2018 NSF STEM for All Video Showcase: Transforming the Educational Landscape, will be held online May 14 - 21, 2018. This event is created and facilitated by TERC and is funded by the National Science Foundation (Award #1642187). This work is done in collaboration with six NSF-funded resource centers: MSPnet, CADRE, CIRCL, CAISE, STELAR, and CS for All Teachers.
This year's themes are:
- Transforming the Educational Landscape
- Partnerships that advance education
- Broadening participation & access to high quality STEM experiences
- Innovative practices transforming education
- Research informing STEM learning and teaching
The 2018 National Science Foundation (NSF) STEM for All Video Showcase is an annual online event. Each year, it hosts between 100-200 three-minute video presentations from federally funded projects that aim to improve STEM (Science, Math, Engineering, and Mathematics) and computer science education. During the seven days of this online event, Principal Investigators, practitioners, administrators, researchers, policy makers, industry and the public at large are encouraged to participate. All participants will be able to view the video presentations, post to the facilitated discussions related to each video, and vote for the videos that are most effective in conveying the creative work being done. All videos and discussions will be archived for future access there after.
The STEM for All Video Showcase:
Enables leaders of STEM education grants to learn of related work funded in different divisions at NSF, as well as other federal agencies, by sharing and discussing visual narratives of their project.
- Provides a mechanism for projects to disseminate their work to the public at large.
- Facilitates collegial discourse between project leaders.
- Allows researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and parents to provide queries and feedback to these projects, providing new perspectives, ideas, and new contacts in the field.
Learn more on our Showcase Q & A page.