NSF Webinar for Dear Colleague Letter (NSF 21-033): Advancing Quantum Education and Workforce Development
The National Science Foundation published NSF 21-033, “Advancing Quantum Education and Workforce Development” in December 2020. This Dear Colleague Letter (DCL) encourages submission of proposals for projects that will motivate and prepare students for quantum industries of the future. The National Science Foundation (NSF) is interested in preparation of students for quantum information science and engineering (QISE) at all levels and in all settings, both formal and informal. The DCL provides information and links for existing NSF funding opportunities in the NSF Directorate for Education and Human Resources that can support education-related research and development to prepare a diverse QISE workforce.
On June 29, NSF program directors held the second of a series of webinars to present and answer questions about this DCL.
Featured the following NSF Programs:
- Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP)
- Discovery Research PreK-12 (DRK-12)
- EHR Core Research (ECR)
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities - Undergraduate Program (HBCU-UP)
- National Science Foundation Research Traineeship (NRT)
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program