Smart and Connected Communities (NSF 21-535) Program Webinar
Communities in the United States (US) and around the world are entering a new era of transformation in which residents and their surrounding environments are increasingly connected through rapidly-changing intelligent technologies. This transformation offers great promise for improved wellbeing and prosperity but poses significant challenges at the complex intersection of technology and society. The goal of the NSF Smart and Connected Communities (S&CC) program solicitation is to accelerate the creation of the scientific and engineering foundations that will enable smart and connected communities to bring about new levels of economic opportunity and growth, safety and security, health and wellness, accessibility and inclusivity, and overall quality of life.
When: January 19, 2021 3:00 PM
A few notes in advance of the webinar:
Proposal deadline: February 24, 2021 at 5 p.m. submitter's local time (be sure to check where your organization is listed – especially if you are virtual !!!)
- Information about past awards can be found through the following link: https://www.nsf.gov/cise/scc/
- The solicitation and other information can be found at: https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=505364
- Be sure you understand what is required for a submission for the PI and Co-PI --- check the PAPPG (link below) on what you need to do to submit a proposal
- Start your submission early! Organizations who have not previously submitted to NSF are strongly encouraged to begin to familiarize yourself with the submission process including registrations, DUNS #, SAM #, etc several weeks in advance of the deadline. Don’t wait to the day of submittal to learn what you need. Also consider how you are submitting -- grants.gov, Fastlane, etc. and look at the help pages at fastlane.nsf.gov for more info.
- Feel free to contact one of the S&CC program directors listed in the solicitation, in advance of the webinar, if you have questions specific to your proposal.