STELAR ITEST PI & Evaluator Summit 2017: Building the Foundational Skills of the Future Science and Engineering Workforce
The STELAR ITEST PI & Evaluator Summit is an annual opportunity for ITEST Principal Investigators (PIs) and evaluators to come together and share successes, challenges, and lessons learned from the ITEST program. Last year more than 170 people attended the Summit, representing 80 ITEST projects. View the online program and materials from the 2016 summit.
STELAR ITEST PI & Evaluator Summit:
Building the Foundational Skills of the Future Science and Engineering Workforce
June 15-16, 2017
Westin Arlington Gateway in Arlington, VA
The primary goal of the ITEST program is to prepare our nation's youth to participate in the rapidly-changing STEM workforce of the future. For more than a decade, ITEST projects have developed and implemented innovative strategies to engage youth in technology-rich experiences that build their skills for, and increase their awareness of, STEM and STEM-related careers. ITEST projects have reached hundreds of thousands of youth and have made numerous contributions to our understanding of best practices in supporting the development of this workforce.
This year’s STELAR ITEST PI & Evaluator Summit will explore the foundational skills needed to prepare youth to fully participate in the future science and engineering workforce. During the two days, we will explore ways in which our community can collaborate and build on each other's work in the following areas:
● Sharing effective approaches and instrumentation for ITEST research and evaluation
● Fostering innovation through broadened participation in STEM education and careers
● Work at the frontier: Preparing students for the future STEM workplace
● Big data: ITEST’s role in preparing K-12 students and developing career pathways
The summit will also feature Thematic Meetups; small group discussions on themes determined by preferences indicated during registration.
An early agenda is available for more information: 2017 Summit Agenda
The goals of the Summit are:
● To share the latest ITEST program findings about innovative STEM education programming and research contributing to a more prepared and diverse workforce;
● To identify areas for PIs and evaluators to collaborate for greater impact in defining the foundational skills necessary for workforce education;
● To identify best-practices for preparing youth to participate fully in the workforce of the future
Three members of each active ITEST project are invited to attend the 2017 Summit. However, space at the event is limited so registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. PIs will receive an invitation from STELAR with the link to register for this event, be sure to share the invitation with project evaluators and another project member.