Back to School - Online
August is typically known as national "Back to School" month in the US, but in the era of COVID-19 this phrase might need to be appended with "online." Depending on your area, schools may be planning to hold in-person, hybrid, or remote learning this fall, and those plans could change in the coming weeks. Now may be a good time to review the rich resources available if you need to continue your planned activities online.
Whether you are interested in best-practices for online instruction, ideas for providing engaging virtual professional development for teachers, or curriculum for students to explore from home, there are a wealth of resources available!
Below are resources that STELAR has collected from our fellow NSF Resource Centers and colleagues, as well as ITEST project-related curriculum, publications, and other resources. If you have additional resources to share, you can add them to the STELAR COVID-19 Resource Collector or email us at email@example.com.
- Equity and gender-based instructional design strategies for online learning design/instruction – a few papers and presentations are listed here: https://scienceplusc.org/publications-and-presentations/
- The National Standards for Quality Online Learning: https://www.nsqol.org/
- Education Development Center has a running list of Resources for the COVID-19 Crisis, which addresses issues around mental health, as well as providing curriculum and resources for taking the classroom online: https://www.edc.org/resources-covid-19-crisis (scroll to bottom 3rd of page)
- EDC's Oceans of Data has a listing of data sets or curriculum materials to support K-16 youth in working with data: http://oceansofdata.org/our-work/teacher-resources
- CADRE (resource network for NSF’s DRK-12 Program) hosts a searchable database of tips and tools for online teaching: http://cadrek12.org/online-learning
- Digital Promise (lead institution for NSF's CIRCL Center) hosts a library of online learning resources for educators that can be filtered by type, grade, and subject: https://digitalpromise.org/online-learning/online-learning-resources/