The 2020 NSF STEM for All Video Showcase: Learning from Research and Practice
The 2020 NSF STEM for All Video Showcase: Learning from Research and Practice, will be held online May 5 - 12, 2020. This event is created and facilitated by TERC and is funded by the National Science Foundation (Award #1922641). This showcase event is facilitated by TERC, in collaboration with our partners: STEMTLnet, CADRE, CIRCL, CAISE, STELAR, CS For All Teachers, NARST, NCTM, NSTA, NSF INCLUDES, and QEM.
This year's theme is STEM for All: Learning from Research and Practice.
- Strategies to broaden participation & increase access for all
- Research informing STEM and CS teaching and learning
- Challenges and strategies in the implementation of STEM + CS programs
- Measuring impact of innovative programs
The 2020 National Science Foundation (NSF) STEM for All Video Showcase is an annual online event. Each year, it hosts between 100-200 three-minute video presentations from federally funded projects that aim to improve STEM (Science, Math, Engineering, and Mathematics) and computer science education. During the seven days of this online event, Principal Investigators, practitioners, administrators, researchers, policy makers, industry and the public at large are encouraged to participate. All participants will be able to view the video presentations, post to the facilitated discussions related to each video, and vote for the videos that are most effective in conveying the creative work being done. All videos and discussions will be archived for future access there after. In addition, all videos from this Showcase will be added to the collection in the STEM for All Multiplex after the online May event.
The STEM for All Video Showcase:
- Enables leaders of STEM education grants to learn of related work funded in different divisions at NSF, as well as other federal agencies, by sharing and discussing visual narratives of their project.
- Provides a mechanism for projects to disseminate their work to the public at large.
- Facilitates collegial discourse between project leaders.
- Allows researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and parents to provide queries and feedback to these projects, providing new perspectives, ideas, and new contacts in the field.
Learn more on the Showcase Q & A page.
Be sure to also explore the new STEM FOR ALL MULTIPLEX!