NSF EAGER Maker Summit: Charting the Future of Making in STEM Education
Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle
2460 Eisenhower Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22314 December 10 - 11, 2018
In December, nearly 60 NSF EAGER project PIs were invited to meet for two days and spent time exploring topics of interest to NSF and the Maker community. The event was designed to:
- Connect PIs with colleagues to share ideas and resources, and discuss potential collaborations
- Identify current issues in the Maker movement with respect to education
- Identify important research issues and trends
- Discuss NSF’s investments in the Maker movement
- Recommend future directions for NSF research and development
All attendees were encouraged to read the report, “Envisioning the Future of the Maker Movement,” the result of a request from The White House Office of Science and Technology that NSF organize and fund a summit of key representatives of the Maker movement to develop recommendations for moving the movement forward.
The EAGER Maker Summit tackled similar themes over the course of two days, moving from synthesis of the current state of Making, to envisioning the future. Groups then set to work developing a “Call to Action,” to be shared with the broader Making community in a series of webinars.
- Review the attendees and the focus of their work with the EAGER Maker Summit Directory
- View the 2 day agenda
- Check out the Twitter Moment captured during the event
- Register for the webinar series: http://stelar.edc.org/events/stelar-webinar-series-charting-future-making-stem-education
Use the tabs below to navigate to the meeting themes, conference materials, and resource library.