Call for Proposals: ISTE 2019 Conference
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) welcomes proposals to present at ISTE 2019: Bold Educators Activate Change, to be held in Philadelphia on June 23-26, 2019.
We seek proposals from educators at any career stage, from all backgrounds and all parts of the world, and we love to see student participation in presentations! We also welcome exhibitor proposals that demonstrate noncommercial uses of technology to transform education.
What makes a good proposal?
ISTE is looking for presentations that:
- Take advantage of student-centered pedagogy; show how educators can individualize learning by differentiating instruction and introducing real-world problem-solving; and support your ideas with the latest scientific research on how students learn.
- Enhance educators’ knowledge. Our goal is to increase both the technical knowledge and the pedagogical content knowledge of educators and teacher candidates.
- Help develop leadership skills. Explore ways to encourage and empower educators and students to lead.
- Advance digital age learning. Delve into systems, models, practices and strategies for creating meaningful digital age learning experiences, both virtual and face to face.
- Address the ISTE Standards. How does your proposal support the ISTE Standards? Provide a model for achieving standards-aligned objectives.
- Encourage audience participation. Think beyond the lecture and devise new ways to engage your audience. Our session formats include interactive lectures, BYODs, snapshots, roundtables, open-area poster sessions and more. Demonstrate the use of technology to model instructional best practices.
- Add to the conversation around current relevant challenges, including computer science and integration of computer science into curriculum, higher ed topics and virtual reality.
Download the submission guide for tips and examples.
Proposals must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. PT, September 27, 2018.