Center for Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Assessment (CREA) 4th International Conference - Call for Submissions
Center for Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Assessment (CREA)
Fourth International Conference
September 27-29, 2017
(Pre-conference workshops Tuesday, September 26)
Stafford Hood, PhD
Sheila M. Miller Professor
Founding Director, Center for Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Assessment
College of Education
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Click here for the CREA Call for Papers
Submit your proposals here.
"Evidence Matters: Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Assessment Translating to Action and Impact in Challenging Times"
Heightened community unrest sparked by the death of unarmed citizens; disproportionate inequities in education, poverty, health care, and rates of incarceration; and an intensely divisive U.S. presidential election require even more vigilant attention from our global CREA community. It is critically important that we focus on the generation, analysis, and usage of substantive evidence “that matters” in the evaluations and assessments we undertake. To address the issues our communities face, we are compelled and responsible to raise questions about what is being done to correct inequities and aggressively translate this evidence into action that has meaningful impact on our collective future.
Therefore the Evidence Matters: Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Assessment Translating to Action and Impact in Challenging Times will focus on the following areas:
- Program evaluation, measurement and assessment as sources of evidence
- Challenging the status quo regarding whose evidence matters
- Cultural responsiveness as foundational to more equitable public policy
- Moving from evidence generation to advocacy and action
- Policies and practices of influence and consequence in the quest for social justice
- Ethical challenges in complex areas of inquiry; whose justice is advanced?
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
- Tuesday September 26: Pre-conference workshops
- Wednesday, September 27- Friday, September 29
- Keynote Speakers and concurrent sessions tentatively scheduled from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. each day
Deadline to Submit: February 20, 2017, 11:59 PM PT