Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier (FW-HTF)
Full Proposal Deadline(s) (due by 5 p.m. submitter's local time):
March 02, 2022
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND REVISION NOTES
The Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier (FW-HTF) program solicitation has been revised for the FY 2022 competition. Prospective Principal Investigators are encouraged to read the solicitation carefully. Among the changes are the following:
- The "Planning" proposal category is replaced by the "Project Development" (FW-HTF-P) proposal category.
- Funding ranges have been changed for the "Research" (FW-HTF-R) and "Transition-to-Scale" (FW-HTF-T) proposal categories. Specifically, FW-HTF-R proposals are capped at $2,000,000 and FW-HTF-T proposals are capped at $4,000,000. Lower funding limits on all proposal categories are removed.
- The submission deadline is changed.
- Proposals must specify the occupational context and occupation of interest, as identified by the US Department of Labor's Occupational Information Network (O*NET; e.g., "29-1051.00-- Pharmacists"). O*NET OnLine (https://www.onetonline.org/) offers an "Occupation Search" feature that will match search terms to O*NET occupations. The full O*NET occupation taxonomy can be accessed from https://www.onetcenter.org/taxonomy.html.
- Project summaries must designate three keywords corresponding to the future work context, future worker characteristics, and future technology focus.
Any proposal submitted in response to this solicitation should be submitted in accordance with the revised NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 22-1), which is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after October 4, 2021.