NSF INCLUDES Alliances Solicitation
NSF has released a new Inclusion across the Nation of Communities of Learners of Underrepresented Discoverers in Engineering and Science (NSF INCLUDES) solicitation targeting NSF INCLUDES Alliances.
With this solicitation, NSF invites proposals for NSF INCLUDES Alliances, which form the central parts of the NSF INCLUDES National Network. The NSF National Network aims to change the national landscape for broadening participation in STEM fields.
The critical functions of each NSF INCLUDES Alliance are to:
- Develop a vision and strategy (e.g., problem statement and theory of change) for broadening participation in STEM along with relevant metrics of success and key milestones/goals to be achieved during the project’s lifecycle;
- Contribute to the knowledge base on broadening participation in STEM through broadening participation and implementation research, sharing project evaluations, data, new scientific findings/discoveries, and promising practices;
- Develop multi-stakeholder partnerships and build infrastructure among them to decrease social distance and achieve progress on common goals targeted by the Alliance;
- Establish a "backbone" or support organization that provides a framework for communication and networking, network assistance and reinforcement, visibility and expansion of the Alliance and its partners, that will collaborate with the NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub;
- Advance a logic model or other heuristic that identifies Alliance outcomes that reflect implementation of change at scale and progress toward developing an inclusive STEM enterprise.
Collectively, the set of NSF INCLUDES Alliances are to:
- Participate in a network of peer alliances to achieve long-term goals of the NSF INCLUDES program;
- Collaborate with the NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub to build critical knowledge that shows measurable progress toward long-term goals; and
- Work to build on-ramps for other organizations and broadening participation stakeholders to join in and expand the NSF National Network.
- Researchers and practitioners at minority serving institutions are strongly encouraged to participate in this activity given their experience and expertise in broadening participation.
For more information view the full Program Solicitation: NSF 18-529
Full Proposal Deadline(s) (due by 5 p.m. submitter's local time): April 04, 2018