NSF Includes Alliance - STEM-OPS 2022 Annual Convening: Access to STEM Education and Careers Is a Human Right, Not a Privilege
Join us and come together at the first, in-person convening dedicated to expanding access to STEM education and careers to people who have been impacted by incarceration. The STEM-OPS 2022 convening is a 2 ½ day event that will feature speakers, panels, research, interactive presentations and peer-to-peer discussions for people who share this mission.
Attend to learn from STEM-OPS partners and others on:
- Launching and leading STEM college-in-prison programming
- Establishing mentoring, internships, and other supports for currently or formerly incarcerated students in STEM fields
- Supports for inclusive hiring of justice-impacted individuals in STEM careers
- Ensuring that the voices of justice-impacted individuals are present among STEM educators, professionals, and scholars
- Strategies to strengthen pedagogy and instruction for STEM college-in-prison programs and to disrupt the K-16 school-to-prison pipeline.
STEM-OPS is committed to elevating the perspectives of people who have been directly impacted by incarceration and many sessions feature the work of STEM-OPS partners who are justice-impacted. Fees for attendance at the convening are waived for people who are justice-impacted (Enter the code “STEMSUCCESS” when completing the registration).
STEM Opportunities in Prison Settings (STEM-OPS) is an NSF INCLUDES Alliance. STEM-OPS includes a set of core partner organizations: Prison to Professionals (P2P), Operation Restoration (OR), Vanderbilt University's Initiative for Race Research and Justice, Princeton University's Prison Teaching Initiative (PTI), and Education Development Center (EDC). Learn more about STEM-OPS .
This event is $300.00. The conference registration fee will be waived for previously incarcerated participants (use coupon code STEMSUCCESS). Additional limited financial support is available if the cost of registration prevents you from attending. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request support. Priority will be given to students, educators, and members of non-profits and other community organizations.
Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 2:30pm to Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 4:15pm